We have selected, just for you, one of the most beautiful islands on the planet: Guanidup! Will you stay 1 or 2 nights? Will you sail to other islands?
Located at 30 minutes by canoe from Barsukun Pier in San Blas, this tiny island offers paradise for a maximum of 25 lucky visitors. White sand beach, turquoise waters, coral reefs, hammocks, and private huts with sand floor!
The driver will pick you up around 05:00 a.m. After a 2 1/2 drive, you will enter the Guna territory (Guna Yala). Then the road goes up and down to the Caribbean border: on the way a nice spot with a gorgeous view of the archipelago. At your arrival at the River Barsukun in Carti, you will get on board a Guna canoe, downstream the river and ride to the island: this passage can be a bit wet during the trade wind season: be ready to be sprayed! Then here you are, at paradise island Guanidup.
In the afternoon, the Guna canoe can take you to the traditional village of Rio Sidra (Mamardup) for a few hours visit (you will ask to pay a community fee of about $5 per pers.).This is the place of the famous mola makers! A unique opportunity to see them work on their molas and to purchase the most beautiful models at a reasonable price. Play also with the kids: they love to meet visitors. If you stay 2 days, next day can be dedicated to explore other island with the Guanidup canoe (included in pricing).
3 meals included in the package, but NOT the beverage that you can also bring: if you wish lobster and giant crabs ask the local indigenous at your arrival on the island (paying extra) and they will add this to your diner. After a good night in your hut (double beds, sheets, etc..) the canoe boat will take you back to Carti and the collective taxi will transport you to Panama City, with an estimated arrival time around 11:00 a.m.
We invite guests to extend their stay aboard a San Blas Sailing sailboat to reach other remote islands for a 2 to 7 days cruise: in this case, boat would pick up you up at island.
Price per person:
- 1 day/1 night: $199.00
- Additional night: $107
– Pick up at your hotel (at about 05:15 a.m.)
– Collective R/T land transport Panama/San Blas (private transportation available on quote)
– Collective sea transportation San Blas / Island
– Private hut accommodation
– 3 meals per day
– Visit to a traditional village, snorkeling tour (community fees not included)
– Guna land entrance & river taxes (about $ 22.00 in total), community fees
– Beverages (for sale on site): one can bring his own!
– Lobsters and Crabs (for sale on site)
– Snorkeling equipment (available on site: $5 per pers.): one can bring his own!
– Personal expenses