Flying is the fastest and most comfortable way to travel to San Blas, as the flight from Panama City lasts only 45 minutes, compared to the 3-hour drive. Plus, the overflight is breathtaking, with 365 islands at your feet. Our fleet is located in the eastern part of the archipelago, and to get there, you must fly to Isla de Corazón de Jesús. We recommend booking your flight in advance to ensure availability.
Fly in Style
If you want to add a touch of luxury to your trip, you can rent a private plane or helicopter through our advisers. This option will allow you to avoid congested airports and inconvenient flight schedules, making your trip even more enjoyable.
Driving to San Blas
If you prefer to drive, you can reach San Blas by road, but it’s important to note that the road is hilly and requires a vehicle with a lot of traction, such as a tall truck or SUV (4X4 or 4X2). Our advisers can reserve a shared or private vehicle for you.
- Confirm with our advisers which pier you should drive to, as there are three piers in Carti and it’s easy to get confused.
- From Panama City, take the Corredor Sur as if you’re going to the Tocumen International Airport, but instead of entering the airport, continue straight until you exit the Corredor Sur.
- After the exit of the Corredor Sur, you will see the towns of 24 de Diciembre (+20 minutes), Pacora (+30 minutes), and finally Chepo (+20 minutes).
- After the town of Chepo, you will see an AB gas station on your right-hand side (continue straight).
- Just 10 minutes after that gas station, you will see the entrance of San Blas on your left-hand side. Turn left, and this part has no deviations.
- After one hour, you will reach the first of two checkpoints, where you will pay the Guna Entrance Tax of $10 per person. 10 minutes later, you will reach the second checkpoint, where everyone will be asked for their passport or Panama ID.
- Congratulations, you have reached San Blas! Don’t forget to bring your passport; it’s an essential requirement to enter the archipelago.
In conclusion, whether you choose to fly or drive to San Blas, the most important thing is to plan your trip in advance, so you can enjoy this paradise to the fullest. We hope these tips have been helpful and wish you a wonderful trip to San Blas!